Make the management and distribution of your scientific measurement data easy and safe – with DSHIP
All over the world, substantial resources are mustered up to collect measurement data – on research vessels, diving robots, aircrafts or research stations. Just collecting the data consumes a lot of time and money and has to be done properly at the first go.
With DSHIP, our information management for scientific geodata, you get a powerful platform that reliably takes care of managing and distributing the data for you. DSHIP also keeps your data available in the long term. Comprehensive services complete our offerings and can be customized to your needs.
Capabilities a measurement data management system for marine research should have
Again and again, our projects have substantiated that an efficient information management for scientific geodata should in particular meet the following requirements:
- Ensure top data quality
- Easy and quick integration of most diverse measurement devices
- Reliable logging of all relevant measurement data
- Unlimited distribution and safe long-term archiving of measurement data
- Freely configurable dashboards
- Comprehensive support prior to, during and long after the end of an expedition
How DSHIP ensures optimum management of your scientific measurement data
With DSHIP you get a measurement data management system that fulfills all the demands mentioned above.
DSHIP is a configurable platform to manage and distribute scientific data. Its design is particularly geared to your special requirements as scientific user, ship owner or data center operator. What's more, it meets your requirements concerning the acquisition and processing of the measured data, their permanent availability and their distribution.
DSHIP as information management for scientific geodata offers comprehensive functionality
No matter if you are scientist, the shipping company or the shipyard: we know about the requirements you are making on a measurement data management system. DSHIP comes with a set of important functions but we also implement special requirements for you:
- Central data center for all data from any sources
- Web-based access to the land-based archive 24/7
- Configurable device connection
- Easy distribution of data using NMEA and other ASCII telegrams
- Transfer of exported data by e-mail
- Definition of derived parameters
- Ample toolbox for display configuration and data extraction
- Pre-defined and user-definable configuration of views
- Visualization possible on any terminal device
- Switching between day and night mode
- Unattended operation and pronounced system robustness
- Safe storage and traceability of all data in their context
- Automated, syntactically harmonized identifiers for stations and device uses
- Exact logging of all device activities
Flexibility at all times due to a modular and highly scalable system
These modules expand the functionality of DSHIP by important properties:
DSHIP Web Display
The module provides you with additional specific displays, such as ship position, waypoints or transponder positions on a nautical chart.
DSHIP Action Log
With the DSHIP Action Log module you can document all the activities carried out in the course of an expedition, visualize them on board the vessel and export them.
DSHIP Mass Data Management
You can store any required kind of file, such as images, video sequences etc., together with the sensor data DSHIP has collected.
DSHIP Web Services
DSHIP Web Services provides you with programming interfaces for external applications, which offers the opportunity to develop drivers for any kind of device using proprietary protocols as basis.
DSHIP On Shore
Manage large data volumes of several vessels in parallel. You can access the entire data stock without the need to use the system aboard a vessel.
Our services safeguard smooth operation of your DSHIP way beyond your expedition
Our skilled team stands by your side not only when it is about installing the system and putting it into operation, they lend comprehensive support to your project in all phases: even before you start your research mission we already offer well-founded advice, e.g. on the choice of suitable hardware components or on how to set up your scientific network aboard the vessel.
Together with you, we draw on our know-how to design efficient processes that ensure optimum management of your data. When you've finished our training courses, you'll be able to operate DSHIP at its best. We offer long-term and qualified support throughout the system's entire lifetime:
- Efficient assistance by using a ticket system
- Short response times by hosting reference systems
- Periodical updates of your system
- On-site system check
- Operations support
Even after the end of your IT project you can still profit from advancements.
Our customers profit from essential benefits with DSHIP
DSHIP has been tried and tested as data management system for scientific geodata
DSHIP is installed on many national and international research vessels and has proven itself successfully, e.g. on ships like Alba Na Mara, Alkor, Ara Austral, Atair, Elisabeth Mann Borgese, Heincke, Isabu, Le Commandant Charcot, Maria S. Merian, Meteor, Poseidon, Scotia or Sonne. Also the Neumayer III research station and the research aircrafts Polar 5 and Polar 6 use DSHIP successfully. And it is also used as technological basis on the buoys of the MARNET monitoring network.
We'd be happy to give you more details. Please feel free to contact us!