APPRENTICESHIP AT WERUM
As an employer, Werum trains IT specialists in the faculties of application development and system integration.
Take the chance to do a qualified training at Werum and use it as basis to open up attractive perspectives for your professional career.
Werum is a "decorated" employer and training company: the Lueneburg-Wolfsburg Chamber of Industry and Commerce awarded us a prize for "special training performances in the training year 2016/2017".
IT SPECIALIST FOR APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
IT specialists in the faculty of application development create new application software for an individual customer or adjust existing software. Based on programming and script languages, they elaborate complex software solutions for customers covering the entire range of latest information and telecommunication technologies. Provided they have acquired appropriate experience, it may also be their job to manage projects for the development of customer-specific application solutions. Another typical field of work is quality assurance including software testing.
After their training, IT specialists for application development usually specialize in specific areas of activity, such as software development, system development or platform and customer support.
IT SPECIALIST FOR SYSTEM INTEGRATION
Every computer and every network linking several computers or connecting them to the internet requires continuous maintenance and servicing. This is the starting point for the typical assignment of an IT specialist for system integration:
- Plan and configure IT systems
- Set up IT systems, operate and administer them
- Systematically identify and repair malfunctions and errors
- Advise users on suitable device types and how to use them
IT specialists of the system integration faculty provide service and support to customers. They plan information and communication networks, install the required devices, components, accessories and networks including software and put them into operation. In addition, there are further areas you can specialize in, such as system integrator for networks.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
There are some requirements you should meet:
Achievements at school
- Higher secondary school education with at least a "good" mark in mathematics or physics, or
- Higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) with at least a "satisfactory" mark in mathematics or physics
Logical reasoning and initial programming knowledge would be an asset.
Basic computer knowledge
You have fun experimenting with new programs and systems.
English skills are inevitable
Sorry, but you won’t find too many German instructions, program descriptions or technical literature on the internet.
Planning, organizing, tinkering
You fancy activities that have to do with planning and organizing? You can give advice to other people, teach them how to handle software? You like developing new solutions and work out things?
Patience, commitment and reliability
Adjusting software to the needs of customers or finding errors demands qualities like care, flexibility and service orientation.
Please keep the following facts in mind if you want to apply for an apprentice position in 2020 or later:
- Starting date for the training usually is 01 August every year
- Your application (pdf file) should include:
- Full address details and a phone number to contact you
- Specification of the desired faculty
- Details on your prior knowledge or special interests
- Original signature
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of your last two school certificates
- Certificates of internships